We have reached week 13 of our home school activities and this week we are celebrating! This week sees us celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Firing Line Museum! What a 10 years it has been, especially in our education department, which is continually learning and growing from all our wonderful patrons.
So, this weeks’ activity has a celebratory theme, because even though you can’t come and help us celebrate, doesn’t mean you should miss out! We have included a very scrummy cake recipe for you all to try (because it isn’t a party without cake!) and some bunting for you to design yourself, perhaps something that reflects 10 years of the Firing Line?
We know all our lovely museum staff will be celebrating at home, and we do hope you join in too. As always, we love to see your creations, so please share and tag us in anything you make or even share with us your favourite Firing Line memory? We hope you will enjoy this week as much as we will and we really do hope to be able to welcome you back soon. In the mean-time let’s eat some cake and look forward to the next 10 years!
For our wartime inspired (and rationing friendly) chocolate cake, you will need:
- 3oz Margarine
- 1 tablespoon of golden syrup/treacle
- 8oz plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1oz cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2oz sugar
- ½ pint warm water
- Dissolve margarine and syrup in a pan together
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together
- Slowly add the syrup and margarine mixture to the dry ingredients then, whilst continually stirring, add in the warm water to make a mixture with a soft consistency
- Grease two medium sized sandwich tins and fill with the cake mixture
- Bake at 180 for about 30mins
- When both sides are sufficiently cooled, spread jam on the one half and sandwich together
- Dust with cocoa to decorate
Next, print off the template below as much or as little as you like to create your own 10 years of Firing Line bunting! You could design a whole new idea or perhaps draw the things that remind you most of our museum but most importantly make sure you have fun with it!
Now you should be set to have your very own 10 year celebration party!
Don’t forget you can…
Drop us a comment either on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FiringLineMuseum
Twitter account: @FiringLineMuseum
Or Instagram page: firinglinemuseum
From the Education Team @ The Firing Line Museum 😊
p.s. any education specific questions or help please feel free to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org