Its week three and we are half-way through the school holidays already! Time flies when you’re having fun!
So, this week its definitely time for a little treat! This weeks’ activity will be a nice easy but super delicious recipe that requires lots of creativity for decorating 😊 They are perfect little treats for picnics or play dates and the perfect accompaniment to any DEN! The treat we will be making this week is mini rice crispie doughnuts.
What you will need for this will be:
- 200g of chocolate (white, milk or dark it’s up to you)
- 25g butter plus some for greasing if moulds are being used
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- 2tbsp milk
- 80g rice crispies
- 100g of contrasting chocolate for decorating
- Sprinkles, baking decrorations, 100s and 1000s (basically anything you would like to decorate your doughnuts with)
- Grease doughnut moulds with butter (if you have one) if not line a baking tray with clingfilm.
- Melt together 200g of chocolate, golden syrup and milk gently over a low heat using a pan of simmering water (please get an adult to help with this!)
- Take the mixture off the heat once all blended together and add in the rice crispies.
- Mix together well, ensuring all crispies are coated in the chocolate mix.
- Next, fill the moulds making sure to firmly press the mixture in to avoid gaps. Alternatively spoon the mixture on to the clingfilmed baking tray and mould by hand into a doughnut shape, again ensuring the mixture is pressed firmly together to avoid gaps.
- Leave the mixture somewhere cool to set.
- Once firm, melt the decorating chocolate over a low heat as before and use to drizzle over the doughnuts.
- Sprinkle over your chosen decorations.
- Leave to set.
As always, we would love to see what you come up with so please feel free to share your creations with us across our social channels. We look forward to seeing your work!
Don’t forget you can…
Drop us a comment either on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FiringLineMuseum
Twitter account: @FiringLineMuseum
Or Instagram page: firinglinemuseum
From the Education Team @ The Firing Line Museum 😊
p.s. any education specific questions or help please feel free to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org