So, after sixteen whole weeks of home school activities, we have now reached the end of term! Well done for keeping going through these crazy times and I hope our educational tools have helped or at least made it a little more bearable!
Now you’ve done the hard work, we in the Firing Line education department have decided to carry on with the weekly activities throughout half term to beat the boredom as we are slowly still getting used to our new ways of life. Do not fear however, there will be considerably less maths and a whole lot more craft and cooking tasks…to name a few!
This week we will start off with a fun finger puppet making activity. You can make what ever figure or character you like, all you will need to do is some research beforehand.
To make the puppet you will need;
- Decorating materials of your choice
- Use the template below to draw the shape on to some card
- Cut out the shape from the card
- Cut an excess piece of card around two inches long
- On the back of your card cut out glue one end horizontally then form a bridge with the strip and glue the other end down.
- This will form a ring for your finger to hold the puppet up
- On the front decorate your finger puppet as you desire and then use it to tell all kinds of stories or re-enactments!
As always, we would love to see what you come up with so please feel free to share your creations with us across our social channels. We look forward to seeing your work!
Don’t forget you can…
Drop us a comment either on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FiringLineMuseum
Twitter account: @FiringLineMuseum
Or Instagram page: firinglinemuseum
From the Education Team @ The Firing Line Museum 😊
p.s. any education specific questions or help please feel free to email us on email@example.com